Make better things. Make things better. Repeat.
Once upon a time, when you spent good money on something—you actually got something “good”. A quality item that worked the way it was supposed to and stood the test of time. Products were made with attention to detail, and crafted using solid and durable materials. We want that way of doing things back. So, we’re tracking down simple, everyday items that we can’t live without—and raising the bar for how it feels to own them.
But here’s the thing: we don’t want to step on people or trash the planet to do it. In fact, we think to create truly exceptional products, the wellbeing of communities and the environment should be considered from the very start.
We want the world to be a better place because our business exists, not worse off because of it. This early goal led us to develop several fundamental principles—a series of mandates, in essence—that we apply to all Olive+Comet gear, and to our day-to-day operations.
1. Keep plastic & silicone out of our products, and therefore, out of our oceans.
2. Source sustainable materials and production methods that are smarter and better—for people, and the environment.
3. Seek out and support fair trade practices and shun unfair labor.
4. Keep our company’s environmental footprint small, and operate climate-positive on the whole.
5. Give back to the planet and society—in ways that are impactful and verifiable.